Dr. Elliott Alpher has dedicated his life to providing lasting relief to patients with sleep disorders and jaw pain. Among his many accomplishments, affiliations and credentials, Dr. Alpher has pioneered a conservative, non-invasive approach utilizing computerized and verifiable diagnostic methods to treat craniofacial pain as well as sleep disorders. This method of craniofacial pain and sleep disorder treatment has proven to be greatly successful, and is highly regarded as the first method of choice by physicians and patients.
With more than 30 years of experience and significant credentials, Dr. Alpher continues to demonstrate his ongoing commitment to improving outcomes. He continues to take accredited continuing courses, conduct research and participate in practice workshops with colleagues.
Dr. Alpher has lectured throughout the United States, Europe and South America. He has spoken before international corporations and institutions, such as The World Bank, governmental agencies including the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Medical Advisory Board (MAB), Members of Congress, and has authored, co-authored and published numerous studies on TMD and sleep disorders.
A Pioneer in the Field of Sleep, Airway & Craniofacial Disorders
Dr. Alpher was responsible for the creation of the oral screening program at the U. S. Department of State from 1980 to 1992, and served as a consultant to their medical department.
Dr. Alpher has developed a method of treating face pain and jaw disorders that is both non-invasive and verified by computer diagnostics. This very successful craniofacial pain treatment approach is the first choice by physicians and patients.
For the past three decades, Dr. Alpher has worked diligently to generate public awareness of the various aspects of craniofacial pain disorders such as TMD, and Sleep Disorders. He has lectured throughout the United States, as well as Europe and South America, and has authored, co-authored and published many studies on TMD and sleep disorders.
A Career of Distinction
Dr. Alpher is Contributor to The Huffington Post for Health and Wellness and a writer for Thrive Global, changing the way we work and live. In March 2016, Dr. Alpher was honored and initiated into the Hall of Fame for his contributions and achievements in Dental Sleep Medicine. NFL legends, including Eric Dickerson, Roy Green, Mike Haynes, Super Bowl Champion Derek Kennard, Mark Walczak, presented him with the award.
- B.S. Biology, University of Maryland
- Dental Surgery, Georgetown University Dental School
- Residency: Providence Hospital
- Postgraduate Studies in Oral Pathology and Periodontics at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research
- Associate Clinical Professor of Surgery (Oral), George Washington University Medical Center
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology Division of Surgery at Georgetown University Medical Center
- Board certified in Pain Management from The American Academy of Integrative Pain Management
- Diplomat in The Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- Mastership from The International College of Craniomandibular Orthopedics
- On Staff at National Rehabilitation Hospital; Prince George’s Medical Center and Providence Hospital
- Consultant at National Rehabilitation Hospital’s Department of Sleep Medicine
- Sleep Team at George Washington University Medical Center
- The American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- The American Academy of Craniofacial Pain, Board of Directors
- The American Academy of General Dentistry, Emeritus Fellow
- The American Dental Association, Life Member
- District of Columbia Dental Society, Life Member